Masterclass: Diagnosis with Girls and Women with Autism
- 5 hours 54 mins
- 30 days to complete course
- Downloadable PDFs
- Certificate of completion
- Suitable for professionals
As a result of attending this intensive one-day Master Class the participant will know how to conduct a diagnostic assessment with a girl or woman to determine the presence or absence of autism using a range of instruments and apply that information for greater understanding and support at home, school and work.
The course material is presented using a combination of didactic teaching, taped demonstrations from real life clinical sessions, case studies, and question time. Each day is a stand-alone workshop, and participants may choose to choose either one or both workshops. There are several Handouts included to assist clinicians in their practice and to supplement the teaching process.
Who will benefit?
Professionals who see autistic children, adolescents, and adults as part of their work, including:
- Psychologists and psychiatrists
- Employment agencies
- Social workers and counsellors
- School teachers and teacher assistants
- Occupational therapists
- Speech pathologists
- Developmental educators
- Nurse Practitioners and Mental Health Nurses
- Staff in clinics for mental health problems, eating disorders, gender identity and personality disorders.