Masterclass: Intervention with Girls and Women with Autism
- 6 hours 20 mins
- 30 days to complete course
- Downloadable PDFs
- Certificate of completion
- Suitable for professionals
As a result of attending this intensive one day masterclass the participant will be able to assess and understand the common clinical issues for autistic girls and women, how these can be expressed and maintained, and to design an intervention programme for home, school or the workplace, using individual or group therapy.
The course material is presented using a combination of didactic teaching, taped demonstrations from real life clinical sessions, case studies, and question time. Each day is a stand-alone workshop, and participants may choose to choose either one or both workshops. There are several Handouts included to assist clinicians in their practice and to supplement the teaching process.
Who will benefit?
Professionals who see autistic children, adolescents, and adults as part of their work, including:
- Psychologists and psychiatrists
- Employment agencies
- Social workers and counsellors
- School teachers and teacher assistants
- Occupational therapists
- Speech pathologists
- Developmental educators
- Nurse Practitioners and Mental Health Nurses
- Staff in clinics for mental health problems, eating disorders, gender identity and personality disorders.