Winner of a 2008 Teachers’ Choice Award!
Anxiety can be debilitating for anyone, but it can be especially confusing for a child. Learning about emotions helps children recognize connections between thinking and feeling, and helps them identify the physiological effects of anxiety on the body (sweating, increased heart rate, crying, etc.).
This book provides a guide for caregivers and then the workbook section allows children to identify situations that make them anxious and learn how to perceive the situation differently.
Helpful topics include:
- Overview of the Exploring Feelings Program
- Introduction to Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Modifications to Conventional Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Affective Education
- Cognitive Restructuring
- Comic Strip Conversations
- The Emotional Toolbox
- Additional Tools for the Toolbox
- Social Stories
- Research Evidence on the Effectiveness of Exploring Feelings
For Ages: 18+ years old
Number Of Pages: 79
Publisher: Future Horizons Incorporated
Dimensions (cm): 27.94 x 20.96 x 0.64
Weight (kg): 0.39