Masterclass: Diagnosis with Adults with Autism
- 5 hours 32 mins
- 30 days to complete course
- Downloadable PDFs
- Certificate of completion
- Suitable for professionals
Participants will learn how to conduct a diagnostic assessment for an adult or older adolescent with autism, including measurement of comorbidity, differential diagnosis, and use of psychometric assessment.
Who will benefit?
Professionals who see adults and/or older adolescents with autism as part of their work, including:
- Psychologists and psychiatrists
- Employment agencies
- Social workers and counsellors
- High school teachers and teacher assistants
- Occupational therapists
- Speech pathologists
- Staff in clinics for mental health problems, eating disorders, substance use issues, gender identity issues, and forensic issues
- How to design and conduct a diagnostic assessment for an adult
- Recommended screening and diagnostic instruments for ASD and additional assessment procedures based on extensive clinical experience
- How to identify and assess co-morbid and differential diagnoses
- Report preparation and composition
- To use the diagnostic information to plan support and therapy at home and work
- How to share the diagnostic assessment results with family
What will I be able to do as a result of taking this course?
Conduct a diagnostic assessment of an adult using a range of instruments and apply that information for understanding and support at home and work.